Let me tell you about a chemical called dihydrogen monoxide.
- It is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year.
- It is the major component of acid rain.
- It contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
- It may cause severe burns.
- It contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
- It accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
- It may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
- It has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
- It is used in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
Can you believe we give this stuff to children?!?! Find out more at DHMO.org.
Yes, yes I can believe we give it to our children. It would be a CRIME not to. You see di (two) hydrogen mon (one) oxide or oxygen is really just H2O also known as water.
The site is to prove a point in sensationalism in how things can be reported.
Here is my point, short and sweet. Go easy on blindly criticizing chemical names in the products that you use just because you don’t recognize the name. You just might be made of 75% of of it.